Fort Collins, CO:
Weekly clinics take place every Tuesday from 11am to 12pm.
*more pages like this will be built for every city that has a sdc clinic...Stay tuned.
The Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope, 242 Conifer Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Jon Geller, DVM
Elena Contreras, DVM
Heidi Malnar, Vet Tech
Katrina Weschler, Intern
Resources for those amongst us currently experiencing homelessness
The Murphy Center serves three main roles for our community:
It provides the infrastructure for 20 independent agencies offering a continuum of roughly 40 services to more than 3,000 individuals who are experiencing homelessness or in jeopardy of becoming homeless, all under one roof.
It operates ten Core Human Services with more than 40,000 guest interactions each year to address day to day needs.
It serves as a morning day shelter for 100 guests each day providing a breakfast snack meal, warm and safe environment, coffee, and lots of space to talk, organize for the day, read, listen to music or access one of the Murphy Center’s many services.
Homeward Alliance empowers those who face homelessness to survive, move forward and thrive. The organization is both the Managing Partner of the Murphy Center for Hope and a service provider within the building. Services include gear distribution, benefits enrollment and employment support.
Neighbor to Neighbor believes everyone deserves a place to call come. Neighbor to Neighbor offers the following housing assistance services at the Murphy Center:
· Housing Search Assistance: Provides individuals and families with the tools and advice to help identify an affordable rental.
· Homelessness Prevention: Helps to develop a personalized plan to overcome an immediate housing crisis and achieve housing stability.
· First Month’s Rent Assistance: Assists homeless and near homeless households to attain affordable, sustainable housing. N2N may be able to assist with up to $500 toward your first month’s rent if eligible.
SummitStone Health Partners PATH Program offers access to: Individual therapy, group therapy, individual case management, psychiatric medications, Choices Café, a peer-run center providing a safe environment to socialize and relax, Spirit Crossing Clubhouse, a place to build employment skills and build relationships.
General Walk-Ins Accepted Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4PM
Salud Family Health Centers include 13 federally qualified clinics and in Colorado, as well as a mobile unit.
The mobile unit offers:
• Screening for diabetes, hypertension, cervical cancer, anemia, tuberculosis and cholesterol.
• A physician or P.A. to assess acute medical problems.
• Lab tests, Flu vaccines and Tetanus vaccines for adults.
• The mobile unit staff also provides general health education and informs patients of the availability of services, addresses of clinics, and how to schedule an appointment.
Salud’s mobile unit visits the Murphy Center the last Wednesday morning of every month from 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
Prevent Unwanted Pets (P.U.P.) is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to promoting responsible care of companion animals.
PUP provides temporary, emergency pet food and basic supplies for pets when their owners are facing economic hardships. We also provide financial assistance for spay/neuter surgeries for pets. Our goal is to keep pets with caring owners.
PUP distributes pet food to those in need at the Murphy Center on the third Thursday each month from 12:30-2pm. Look for us outside on Blue Spruce St. Updates are posted on our Facebook page at Prevent Unwanted Pets Inc.
Note: Pet food is also generally available for distribution during normal Murphy Center hours, though not in the same quantities as during P.U.P.’s monthly distribution